DSC for DGFT
Certifying Authority Licenced By Controller Of Certifying Authorities (CCA) India.
CA Issuing Digital Signature Certificates To Government Departments and Bank
Root Digital Signature Certificates
Search Digital Signature Certificates
IEC Online Filling of Application
Policy Circular No.10 (RE-2010) / 2009-14 Dated the 31st December, 2010
Subject:- Provision of additional facility for filing Importer Exporter Code (IEC) applications 'on-line'.
1. DGFT is introducing additional facility on DGFT's website (http://dgft.gov.in) for enabling members of trade to file their IEC applications 'on-line' with effect from 1.1.2011.
2. Presently, the applications for obtaining an IEC are filed manually with the concerned Regional Authority of DGFT. The applications are filed in hard copy in the prescribed proforma with stipulated documents.
3. The additional facility of filing 'on-line' application for obtaining IEC will reduce the transaction cost and time for the applicant, would ensure easy, flexible filing of application and reduce human interface and paper work in the process.
4. The existing system of filing the IEC application manually would simultaneously continue till further orders i.e. the applicant will have an option to prefer his application either manually or 'on-line' as per his/her convenience.
5. The following guidelines and procedures are stipulated for the 'on-line' system of filing, processing and issuance of IEC:-
The applicant may file the IEC application for 'on-line' through the link available on the DGFT's website.
The fee in case 'on-line' application for IEC has to be paid through Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) mode only. The EFT link with necessary guidance for making payment through EFT is already available on DGFT's website.
The prescribed documents, i.e. the Bank certificate, PAN copy and photograph, are to be scanned and attached with the 'on-line' application. Any other relevant documents for example Authority letter in respect of authorized representative, should be attached in the 'pdf' format.
Physical copy of application is not required to be submitted to the concerned Regional Authority (RA) in case of 'on-line' applications.
The status of IEC 'on-line' application i.e. IEC number granted for accepted applications and deficiency in case of other approved applications will be available on DGFT's website.
In case, an 'on-line' application is found to be deficient and such deficiencies indicated 'on-line', additional information/documents against such deficiencies would need to be submitted physically (in hard copies) to the concerned RA.
The applicants are advised to be very careful while selecting jurisdictional RA for sending their applications, as selection of a wrong RA would require retransmission of application to the correct destination and it is likely to cause delay in processing.
Comprehensive guidelines regarding filing of 'on-line' IEC applications are available on DGFT's server under the IEC 'on-line' Help Icon.
6. Members of Trade are encouraged to take advantage of the 'on-line' facility for IEC application and RAs are requested to disseminate the information about the facility among the Trade.
Jt. Director General of Foreign Trade.
(Issued from File No.01/02/150/AM-11/EDI)